Learn about the batik making process with the experienced batik artisans of Jadi Batek, one of the largest batik and handicrafts center located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. During the workshop, they will first explain the batik making process followed by batik demonstration. You will then get your hands on doing your very own batik piece from sketching your own design, drawing hot wax with traditional tools and painting dye on the fabric for your very own original batik masterpiece.
Guests can choose to create various batik masterpieces:
- Handkerchief (cotton or silk) batik drawing and colouring – 30 x 40 cm (60-90 mins)
- Scarf (cotton or silk) batik drawing and colouring – 90 x 90 cm (90-120 mins)
- Pareo (cotton or silk) batik drawing and colouring – 90 x 200 cm (120-150 mins)
- T-shirt (cotton only) – for adults and kids (60 mins)
- Held twice daily
- Time: 10.00am OR 2.00pm
- Venue: Jadi Batek Gallery, 30, Jalan Inai, Imbi, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
- Price (per person):
- Handkerchief (Cotton) – RM60
- Handkerchief (Silk) – RM80
- Scarf (Cotton) – RM120
- Scarf (Silk) – RM160
- Pareo (Cotton) – RM200
- Pareo (Silk) – RM250
- T-shirt – RM80
Who can attend
- Guests of any age can attend.
- Parent(s) or guardian must accompany children under 12 years old.
- Parents may also bring children less than 2 years of age.
What will be provided
- Materials – Fabric, paint dyes, hot wax
What participants should know
- Suggest bringing a camera (though not an absolute must, but good to capture your memories during the workshop!)
- Please wear comfortable covered shoes